Since it was formed in 2007, Oppor Co. has been passionately dedicated to managing and implementing solid information technology for small and medium enterprises across the U.S. While we have continued to grow, innovate, and add new features based on feedback from wonderful customers our mission remains the same: [highlight]enable opportunity through technology[/highlight].
Oppor Co. is seeking an experienced network engineer to help build and manage the next generation of network infrastructure at our datacenters and client sites.
What you’ll be doing:
Our clients collectively operate tens of thousands of PCs, Macs, tablets, and phones of which the overall health is our responsibility. The most critical part of this health is the ability and security of these devices atop our client networks and beyond. You’ll get to direct and oversee this future.
Some things that are pretty important to us:
- A true passion for modern network technology, transcending brands and products
- Initiative and willingness to learn
- Successful project delivery as part of a team while being self directed/autonomous
- 5+ years of network design and implementation
- Cisco switching (6500, 4500, 3750/3560)
- Cisco routing (EIGRP, RIP, ISR/ISRv2 routers, etc.)
- VLANs, Layer 3 switching, QoS, ACL’s, Spanning Tree (MST / PVST), CatOS / IOS / NX-OS
- WAN and DMZ technologies
- Working knowledge of Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet / 10Gb Ethernet, and other bandwidth link specifications
- Knowledge of infrastructure cabling (Cat5e, Cat6, MM / SM / OM3 fiber) and corresponding transceivers (SFPs, GBICs, etc.)
- Knowledge of Cisco ASA firewalls
- The ability to script and use automation to perform tasks
Our team is about 3/4 distributed and 1/4 located near our Overland Park headquarters. We’ve looked that way since day one and it’s part of our culture. We are seeking U.S. based candidates only at this time. Light travel to our client locations will be required and we’re pretty flexible with home and office work.
- You’ll work on a product set that directly impacts the success of small and medium enterprises across the country.
- While we’re still relatively small, we’re not a fly-by-night startup. We’re an established player in a massive market.
- We have a proven revenue model, an experienced team, solid funding and a strong plan moving forward.
- We perpetually investigate, pursue, and implement technology that is fundamentally right.
- We believe that your best work is yielded only after we correctly align your responsibility to your passions. We form your work to fit you, not the reverse.
At Oppor we hire awesome people, give them the tools to achieve great things and provide strong communication so everyone can grow in their roles and find passion in their work. We strive for long-term, committed employees who feel strong ownership of the company, culture, and product. Let’s talk.
Post link: Click here